You can find details about, How to apply for Management Aptitude Test (MAT), exam and other Important dates, application form, syllabus, hall ticket/admit card, fees, exam centers etc.. here in this article. AIMA MAT which is conducted from the year 1998 is largely accepted in more than 600 B-Schools for taking admission in MBA course.
Mode of Exam :
The candidates have the choice of either giving Offline paper based exam or Online computer based exams. The question pattern and syllabus is same for both the mode. In computer based exam candidates can select the timing and date as per their comfort with in the stipulated time period. Computer based exam centres is available in very few cities so select the mode of exam as per your convenience. To check the exam center cities click here.
The minimum qualification for appearing in MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent recognized degree. A final year student in any undergraduate (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear provisionally.
[table id=6 /]
**If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is limited and can be accommodated in a single day; the test will be completed on 13 September 2014 itself.
How to Apply
The candidates who are interested to attend this exam can obtain the application form and register for MAT by any one of the following methods:-
Through Debit/Credit card:
If you are interested to make the payment through your debit card or credit card follow this link and Register online with a payment of Rs.1200 by Credit Card/Debit Card Payment. (Detailed procedure is given on the website link.)
Trough Net banking:
If you are interested to make the payment through your Net Banking follow the link Register online by making payment of Rs.1200/- through Net Banking. (Detailed procedure is given on the website link.)
Through Demand Draft:
Obtain crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) in favour of ‘All India Management Association’ payable at Delhi from any Bank.Register online in the following link with the DD details.
Through Direct Application from Sales Counters:
Obtain Form with MAT Bulletin/CD against cash payment ofRs 1200/- (One thousand two hundred only) from listed Nodal Centres of AIMA OR from AIMA, New Delhi. List of Sales Center of MAT in India [table id=5 /]
How to fill Online form
– Complete the form properly by providing all necessary details required in the form. Provide accurate data.
– Click “Proceed Next” button given below the form to view the filled application form along with the data provided by you.
– Check each and every detail if you feel like making any change in it click “Back to Edit Registration Form” make necessary changes and click “Proceed Next” again.
– If you feel that no change is required click : Pay Now” Button. Recheck the form completely before submitting online as you cannot edit any details once you submit your form.
– Once you submit your form am auto-generated Registration Number will be allotted to you and will appear on print version of the Registration Form.
– You can save the print version of application form by clicking “SAVE AS” button in file menu. Before taking the print.
– Paste your passport size photograph & put your signature in the space provided on the print version of application form.
– If you have uploaded your photo and sign earlier the application form will be printed along with that.
– It is always advisable to an additional copy of the application form for all future reference.
Despatch your filled form:-
Once you completed the above said procedures send the print out of the filled online MAT Registration Form with auto-generated Registration No. to
All India Management Association,
14 Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
– Attach your photo and sign the form if you have not uploaded the photo and signature.
– Attach Demand draft write your name and auto generated application number at the back side of the DD along with the form if your payment through Demand draft.
– The Admit card will be available in the here before 7 days of the exam probably by 29th August.
– Candidates can take the print out of the same by using their MAT register number or Auto generated number in case of online registration.
– Affix similar photo graph as attached in the application form and sign duly. Get the photo attested by a Gazetted Officer or Head of the Institute / College from where the candidate has graduated or is graduating.
– Roll number Center details etc.. will be available in the Admit card itself. Hence no separate admit card will be issued
– Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam if the admit card is not produced/not attested etc..
List of Exam center cities:
Only the list of cities where the exams will be conducted is available currently. The exam centers will be decided on the basis of response to the said cities. To know the list of cities where the exam will be conducted click here
Syllabus and Pattern
As per the pattern general Questions will be asked . the pattern is :-
[table id=7 /]
List of Participating Management Institutes
The list of participating institutes who consider the MAT score for admission is given here. A four digit code is aloted to each institute you can fill any 5 institutes code in your application form to which your score card will be sent. This service does not include any extra charges.
Click here to know the list of participating institutes