EBC Scholarship 2017-18 Maharashtra also named as Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Fee Reimbursement Scheme is the scholarship or free-ship available from Government of Maharashtra. EBC scholarship is available for economical backward class diploma, graduate and postgraduate students. This scholarship is available for open or general category students in Maharashtra income below 6 lacs. Students from other categories such as SC, ST, OBC, NT, VJ etc. also can take benefit of EBC scholarship for AY 2017-18. We have covered information about EBC eligibility criteria, important dates, online form, registration, application form, last date, affidavit format and EBC status.
Benefit & amount: Candidates belonging to Economically Backward Class (EBC) may get amount up to 50 % of tuition fees.
Table of Contents
Below is the information about EBC scholarship eligibility criteria in detail.
Admission: Candidate must be admitted through CAP (Centralised Admission process) conducted by State CET Cell of Maharashtra State. (प्रवेश सरकारी प्रवेश प्रकीयेमधून घेतला असेल तरच विद्यार्थी ईबीसी शिष्यवृत्तीसाठी पात्र असेल.)
Domicile: Candidate must be domiciled of Maharashtra (ही सवलत फक्त महाराष्ट्र रहिवाशी प्रमाणपत्र असणाऱ्या विद्यार्थ्यास लागू असेल. इतर राज्यातील रहिवाशी विद्यार्थी अपात्र.)
Aadhaar: Candidate shall posses the Aadhaar seeded bank account having centralised banking system facility (आधार आवश्यक)
Children: EBC Scholarship is available for the first two children only. (एकूण अपत्यांपैकी पहिले दोन अपत्य या सवलतीचा फायदा घेऊ शकतात.)
As of now, EBC scholarship income limit in Maharashtra is 6 lacs per year. Those students having annual family income less than 6 lakhs can apply for Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Scholarship. (कुटुंबाचे एकूण वार्षिक उत्पन्न ६ लाखापर्यंत असणे आवश्यक.)
For Graduate or Post Graduate courses: : Minimum 50% marks in 12th if annual family income is between Rs. 2.5 Lac to Rs. 6 Lacs. There is no such criteria if annual family income is less than 2.5 lacs
For Diploma courses: 50% marks in 10th if annual family income is between Rs. 2.5 Lac to Rs. 6 Lac
विद्यार्थाय्च्या दोन्ही पालकाचे वार्षिक उत्पन्न २.५ लाख ते ६ लाख या मध्ये असल्यास, विद्यार्थ्यास पदवी व उच्च पदवी अभ्यासक्रमासाठी १२ वीत ५०% किंवा अधिक गुण आणि दहावी नंतरच्या पदविका प्रवेश्यासाठी १० वीत ५०% गुण आवश्यक
Now government has replaced 60% marks criteria with 50% marks in 10th & 12th class for income slab 2.5 to 6 lakhs. In short, candidates with 50% & above marks in 10th & 12th are now eligible for EBC scholarship in graduation & post graduation.
Scholarship is available for economical backward class Students those who are perusing the Graduation & Post Graduation in Arts, Commerce, Science,Law,B.Ed, B. Architecture, Engineering (B.E.), B. Pharmacy, Post SSC Diploma (Diploma after 10th), Post HSC Diploma D. Pharm & HMC/Surface coating, Direct Second Year Diploma Engineering., Hotel Management & Category Technology, MBA, MMS, MCA, MCA Direct Second Year.
Who Is Not Eligible
- Candidates availing benefits from other schemes or scholarships are not eligible for this scheme.
- If the candidate is completely failed (year drop) for two or more than two years, he/she is not eligible for scholarship.
- Child number 3 & above is not eligible for EBC scholarship in Maharashtra
Economically backward class scholarship application form & online registration is available at MahaDBT website. Follow the steps given below
Step 1: Visit https://mahadbt.gov.in/DBT/#/
Step 2: Then click on नवीन नोंदणी button.
Registration is available in both English as well as Marathi language.
You may need following details at the time of online EBC scholarship form filling.
- Aadhaar Details: 12 digit aadhaar number
- Candidate Details: Personal Details – Name, Gender, Candidature type, Category, Religion, Date of Birth, Mother tongue,
- Admission Details – Admission year, program type, Institute name, course name, choice code, seat type, admission date, reporting date, CAP round, CAP Merit No., Contact Details, Other Personal Details, The Enrollment Number assigned by the University / MSBTE
- Family Income Details (For Financial Year 2016-17): Total Family income including both parents, Income certificate issuing authority (Collector/Tahsildar/SDO), Income Certificate date & Number
- Candidate’s Bank Details: Candidate Name as per bank record, Account Number, IFSC Code, Branch name, MICR Code,
- Qualification details:
- Scanned copy of Photograph
Documents to be submitted to the institute for verification and approval process:
- Admission Confirmation Letter (Through CAP rounds)
- Mark Sheet of previous qualifying examination
- TC (Transfer Certificate) of Last attended school or College
- Gap Certificate (If there is gap in study)
- Income Certificate issued by Tahashildar for FY 2016-17
- Domicile Certificate (Issued by Maharashtra Govt./ Maharashtra-Karnataka Border)
- Ration Card Xerox.
- Bank Passbook Xerox.
- Aadhaar card Xerox.
- Aadhaar linking: Acknowledgement of Aadhaar linking with Bank Account
- Declaration (not taken other scholarship)
Please take three Copies of printout of filled application form. Please take Signature, attach required document and Undertaking.
Two copies, along with Documents, are to be submitted to the institution and third one shall be returned as acknowledgement.
EBC form last date: As of now, there’s no last date for filling Online EBC form.
EBC For AY 2016-17
ऑनलाईन पदधतीने अर्ज स्विकारणे: 21.10.2016 to 27.11.2016 up to 5.00 PM
(Online registration by students)
अर्जांची छाननी: 30.11.2016
संस्थास्तरावर प्राचार्यांमार्फत अर्जांची छाननी व डुप्लीकेशन अर्जाची छाननी व तपासणी मुदत (Institute level verification of forms & duplication of forms):
तंत्रशिक्षण विभागीय कार्यालयामार्फत नमुनादाखल तपासणी: 10.12.2016
तंत्रशिक्षण विभागीय कार्यालयामार्फत नमुनादाखल तपासणी मुदत: (Checking or verification of forms by Regional DTE offices)
ऑनलाईन पदधतीने अर्ज: 17.11.2016 to 05.12.2016
विद्यार्थ्यांकडुन ऑनलाईन पदधतीने अर्ज स्विकारणे (Online registration of form)
संस्थास्तरावर अर्जांची छाननी: 15.12.2016
Institute level verification संस्थास्तरावर अर्जांची छाननी व तपासणी मुदत
Candidates are hereby strictly informed to refer the Government Resolution for Fee Reimbursement and then Contact to the Concerned institution for queries in eligibility, password reset, etc. Contact to the concerned Regional Office if institution is not able to handle the issue, then. Below given are the contact details of DTE for help:
MahaDBT (Maharashtra Direct Benefit Transfer Dept.)
- Phone No.: 18001025311
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Days: Monday to Saturday
- Timing: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Dept.
- Address: Directorate Of Technical Education ,Maharashtra State, Mumbai ,3, Mahapalika Marg,Post Box No.1967,Opp Metro Cinema,Mumbai 400001
- Administrative Queries :: Phone No: 022-30233484/479 E-mail Id: email@example.com
- Technical issues : Phone No: 022-30233438 E-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org;
- List of Regional Offices of DTE: Click here for list
How to check your scholarship status?
By login to MahaDBT portal you can check status of your EBC scholarship application.
|Affidavit Format (Marathi) मराठी मध्ये||Click Here|
|Information Brochure (Application Manual)||Click Here|
|Apply Online 2016-17||Click Here|
|2016-17 Marathi Document||Click Here|
To get notified about new updates regarding EBC & other scholarships, please provide us with your few details.