Maharashtra Government offers an educational scholarship for economically backward class (EBC) students. This EBC scholarship is known as Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Fee Reimbursement Scheme. We have tried to provide everything about EBC scholarship which includes eligibility criteria, online registration, application form, last date of form filling, affidavit format, link to check EBC status etc. The information given below is applicable for AY 2017-2018 and 2018-19.
What is EBC Scholarship?
Full form: EBC stands for Economically Backward Class.
Scheme name: Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulkh Shishyavrutti Scheme (राजर्षी छत्रपती शाहू महाराज शिक्षण शुल्क शिष्यवृत्ती योजना)
EBC scholarship offers up to 100% fee concession for eligible students.
Resident of Maharashtra
Applicant should be Domicile of Maharashtra and the applicant belongs to Maharashtra State and Karnataka state border can apply for the scheme.
महाराष्ट्र राज्याचा रहिवासी: ही सवलत फक्त महाराष्ट्र रहिवाशी प्रमाणपत्र असणाऱ्या विद्यार्थ्यास लागू असेल. इतर राज्यातील रहिवाशी विद्यार्थी अपात्र.)
The family annual income limit is up to Rs. 8.00 lakh. 8 लाखापेक्षा कमी: कुटुंबाचे एकूण वार्षिक उत्पन्न ८ लाखापर्यंत असणे आवश्यक.
No. of children
As per Government Resolution first two children are eligible for the scheme. पहिल्या दोन अपत्यांसाठी: एकूण अपत्यांपैकी पहिले दोन अपत्य या सवलतीचा फायदा घेऊ शकतात.
Available for all category students, Open/Maratha, SC, ST, OBC, NT, VJ, Candidate those who take admission under general category are eligible.
The Courses approved by (Government /University/ AICTE, PCI/ COA/ MCI/ NCTE/ etc ) are eligible.
Professional and non- professional courses which come Under Directorate of Higher Education Government / Non-government aided/ Partially Aided – Unaided/Permanent Unaided College and Non-Agricultural Universities and Sub-Centers (Excluding Private Universities / Self-financed Private Universities).
Admission through CAP: Candidate must be admitted through CAP (Centralised Admission process) conducted by State CET Cell of Maharashtra State.
प्रवेश सरकारी प्रवेश प्रकीयेमधून घेतला असेल तरच विद्यार्थी ईबीसी शिष्यवृत्तीसाठी पात्र असेल.
Aadhaar Card: Candidate shall possess the Aadhaar seeded bank account having a centralized banking system facility
आधार कार्ड: आधार क्रमांक/ कार्ड आवश्यक
Who is not eligible?
Applicant should not avail any other scholarship or stipend.
An applicant who has taken admission in Distance Education, virtual learning and part-time courses.
During course, the candidate should not have a gap of 2 years.
Applicant should attempt every semester or annual exam.
Students from other categories such as etc. also can take benefit of EBC scholarship for AY 2017-18.
For Graduate and Post Graduate courses:
- Minimum 50% marks in 12th if annual family income is between Rs. 2.5 Lac to Rs. 8 Lacs.
- There are no such criteria if annual family income is less than 2.5 lacs
For Diploma courses:
- 50% marks in 10th if annual family income is between Rs. 2.5 Lac to Rs. 8 Lac
विद्यार्थाय्च्या दोन्ही पालकाचे वार्षिक उत्पन्न २.५ लाख ते 8 लाख या मध्ये असल्यास, विद्यार्थ्यास पदवी व उच्च पदवी अभ्यासक्रमासाठी १२ वीत ५०% किंवा अधिक गुण आणि दहावी नंतरच्या पदविका प्रवेश्यासाठी १० वीत ५०% गुण आवश्यक
The scholarship is available for economically backward class Students those who are appearing for any of the following courses:
Higher & Technical Education:
- Diploma: Engineering, Pharmacy, Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Graduation: Engineering, Pharmacy, Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Architecture
- Post Graduation: MBA, MMS, MCA
- Medical Education: MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTH, BOTH & Nursing
- Agri: Diploma in Agri, Degree in Agri & related subjects, Fruit cultivation, Bio-Tech, Food technology, Agri Management, Post Graduation in Agri & related subjects
- Animal, Fish & Milk Dept: Diploma in Animal & Milk, Degree in Animal, Milk, Fish science, Post graduation in Animal
Who Is Not Eligible
- Candidates availing benefits from other schemes or scholarships are not eligible for this scheme.
- If the candidate is completely failed (year drop) for two or more than two years, he/she is not eligible for the scholarship.
- Child number 3 & above are not eligible for EBC scholarship in Maharashtra
Economically backward class scholarship application form & online registration is available at MahaDBT website. Follow the steps given below
- Step 1: Visit https://mahadbt.gov.in/DBT/#/
- Step 2: Then click on नवीन नोंदणी button.
Registration is available in both English as well as the Marathi language.
Details required for registration:
You may need following details at the time of online EBC scholarship form filling.
- Aadhaar Details: 12 digit aadhaar number
- Candidate Details: Personal Details – Name, Gender, Candidature type, Category, Religion, Date of Birth, Mother tongue,
- Admission Details – Admission year, program type, Institute name, course name, choice code, seat type, admission date, reporting date, CAP round, CAP Merit No., Contact Details, Other Personal Details, The Enrollment Number assigned by the University / MSBTE
- Family Income Details (For Financial Year 2016-17): Total Family income including both parents, Income certificate issuing authority (Collector/Tahsildar/SDO), Income Certificate date & Number
- Candidate’s Bank Details: Candidate Name as per bank record, Account Number, IFSC Code, Branch name, MICR Code,
- Qualification details:
- Scanned copy of Photograph
Documents to be submitted to the institute for verification and approval process:
- Admission Confirmation Letter (Through CAP rounds)
- Mark Sheet of the previous qualifying examination
- TC (Transfer Certificate) of Last attended school or College
- Gap Certificate (If there is a gap in the study)
- Income Certificate issued by Tahashildar for FY 2016-17
- Domicile Certificate (Issued by Maharashtra Govt./ Maharashtra-Karnataka Border)
- Ration Card Xerox.
- Bank Passbook Xerox.
- Aadhaar card Xerox.
- Aadhaar linking: Acknowledgement of Aadhaar linking with Bank Account
- Declaration (not taken other scholarship)
Please take three Copies of printout of filled application form. Please take Signature, attach required document and Undertaking.
Two copies, along with Documents, are to be submitted to the institution and the third one shall be returned as an acknowledgment.
EBC form last date: As of now, there’s no last date for filling Online EBC form. As per the information received from officials, the last date for EBC form filling may be 25/05/2018.
Candidates are hereby strictly informed to refer the Government Resolution for Fee Reimbursement and then Contact to the Concerned institution for queries in eligibility, password reset, etc. Contact to the concerned Regional Office if the institution is not able to handle the issue, then. Below given are the contact details of DTE for help:
MahaDBT (Maharashtra Direct Benefit Transfer Dept.)
- Phone No.: 18001025311
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working Days: Monday to Saturday
- Timing: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
DTE (Directorate of Technical Education) Dept.
- Address: Directorate Of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai, 3, Mahapalika Marg, Post Box No.1967, Opp Metro Cinema, Mumbai 400001
- Administrative Queries: Phone No: 022-30233484/479 E-mail Id: email@example.com
- Technical issues: Phone No: 022-30233438 E-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- List of Regional Offices of DTE: Click here for the list
How to check your scholarship status?
By login to MahaDBT portal, you can check the status of your EBC scholarship application.
|Affidavit Format (Marathi) मराठी मध्ये||Click Here|
|Information Brochure (Application Manual)||Click Here|
|Apply Online 2016-17||Click Here|
|2016-17 Marathi Document||Click Here|