DTE Maharashtra conducts CET (Common Entrance Test) for MBA Aspirants, for those who want to take admission to MBA & MMS post graduation course. This article covers info about MAH MBA CET 2017 exam date, document verification date & procedure, Syllabus, Online Registration & Application form, eligibility criteria, Exam Structure & Marking Scheme, Exam Fee, Best Books, Exam Centres list, Admission Procedure, CAP Rounds, List of Facilitation centers (Formerly ARC Centers), Schedule & Time Table, Hall ticket download link & procedure & latest Notifications from DTE Maharashtra. We have also tried to give last years, MBA CET 2016 Cut Off.
This CET will make you eligible for admission to MBA, MMS and other Post Graduate Diploma in management courses affiliated to various Universities in Maharashtra including Pune University, Shivaji University Kolhapur, Solapur University, Nagpur University, BAMU etc.
The below given is the detailed schedule & Time Table for admission through MAH MBA CET 2017.
|MBA CET: Online Registration, editing & printing of application, fee payment for MBA CET 2017||Jan 21 to Feb 13, 2017|
|Hall Ticket: Download Hall Ticket through candidate’s login||Feb. 23 to Mar 5, 2017|
|Exam Date: MAH MBA CET Online Exam||March 4 & 5, 2017|
|Results: MAH MBA CET Results||March 10, 2017|
|Online registration of application for admission
Online registration of application for admission for Maharashtra State / All India / J & K Migrant candidates & NRI/OCI/ PIO/CWIGC/FN candidates
|May 15 to June 3, 2017|
|Documents Verification Date
Documents verification, uploading and confirmation of
By Maharashtra State/All India candidates in person at
|May 15 to June 3, 2017|
|Display of the provisional merit list
Display of the provisional merit list for Maharashtra State/All
|June 5, 2017|
|Submission of grievance (if any)
Submission of grievance, if any, for all type of Candidates at FC [During this period candidate can submit documents ( if any) for verification at FC]
|June 6 & 7, 2017|
|Final Merit List
Display of the final merit lists of Maharashtra State/All
|June 10, 2017|
|CAP Round I: Provisional Allotment & Reporting to ARC||June 2017*|
|CAP Round II: Provisional Allotment & Reporting to ARC||July 2017*|
|CAP Round III: Provisional Allotment & Reporting to ARC||July 2017*|
|CAP Round IV: Registration, Provisional Allotment & Reporting to ARC||July 2017*|
|Reporting to allotted Institute||Aug 2017*|
*The Dates & schedule displayed above is provisional and may change under unavoidable circumstances. The
revised schedule, if any, will be notified on website
Interesting Facts about MAH MBA CET 2017
- No. of Forms filled for MAH MBA CET 2017: Approx. 95000*
- No of Students with positive (Non Zero) score: 88177*
- No. Seats available for MBA admission: Approx. 35000*
- Student Ratio: 1:2.5
*All above said stats are based on reliable sources
- 1 Why MBA CET
- 2 Check Results
- 3 Download Hall Ticket
- 4 Free Mock Test for Practice
- 5 Registration Procedure for CET
- 6 Registration Fees
- 7 Documents Required
- 8 List of Exam Centres
- 9 Syllabus & Marking Scheme
- 10 Books
- 11 FC Centers
- 12 Cut off List
- 13 Helpline No.*
- 14 Important Links
Why MBA CET
MAH MBA CET is Common Entrance Test for MBA & MMS which is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell & DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Govt. of Maharashtra every year.
Purpose of CET
To make candidates eligible to take admission to first year (Academic year 2017-18) of two year full-time post-graduate degree courses in Management in various institutes in Maharashtra –
- MBA: Master of Business Administration
- MMS: Master of Management Studies
- PGDBM: Post Graduate Diploma Course in Business Management
- PGDM: Post Graduate Diploma Course in Management
Where you can take admission?
This is the list of Universities & affiliated colleges or institutes where you can take admission through MAH MBA CET 2017.
a) All Government Management Institutes in Maharashtra
b) All University Departments of Management in Maharashtra
c) All University Managed Management Institutes in Maharashtra
d) All Unaided Management Institutes and/or its Association who have given consent to take part in the CAP rounds conducted by the State Government of Maharashtra.
Benefits of admission through CET
- Better Options Available
- Eligible for Scholarships
- Click here to see your MAH MBA CET 2017 result
- Click here for All student’s Result
- Click here to see Cumulative Result
Download Hall Ticket
Exam Hall Ticket/call letter: Download Now
Q. Unable or delay to Download Hall Ticket
Possible Reasons: Internet Speed, large number of Applicants trying to download the Call Letter at the same time etc.
Solution: Check your internet connection speed or Retry after 10-15 Minutes
Q. Forgot Registration No. & Password
Solution: DTE has sent you Registration No. & Password at the time of registration. Check your mail ID or Phone SMS inbox. You can also contact regional DTE office or Contact Helpline No. Click here for Helpline No.
Q. Unable to Login/Login Failed
Solution: Check credentials you entered are correct (Credentials – Registration No., Password, Date of Birth), Also check your keyboard caps lock is on/off. Credentials are case sensitive.
CET Form filling Date extension: Date of MAH MBA CET 2017 form filling is not extended by DTE Maharashtra.
Free Mock Test for Practice
This is a Mock test. Question Paper displayed is for practice purpose only. Under no circumstances should this be presumed as a sample paper.
Registration Procedure for CET
Below given is the procedure for Online Registration of Application. These guideline can help you get better idea about MAH MBA CET 2017 Online Registration.
- Step 1: Go to Registration Page Click Here
- Step 2: Click on the link “Click Here For New Registration”(Login if already Registered)
- Step 3: Enter Details – Enter Name, Contact details and E-mail ID.
- A provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Applicant should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- Step 4: Save & Next, then use final submit button
₹ 1000/- For Open Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates
₹ 800/- For Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
- Payment Mode: Online system only by Credit Card or Debit Card (RuPay Card, Visa Card, MasterCard or Maestro Card), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards, Mobile Wallets. No other mode of payment shall be permitted.
- Service charges: as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. (Approx. Rs. 20)
- Non Refundable: This fee is non- refundable under any circumstances.
Document Verification at FC
For Online Registration for CET
No documents are required to be submitted at this stage. Following soft copy / details are required while filling form.
- Scanned Photograph*
- Scanned Signature*
- Valid e-mail ID
- Valid Mobile no.
*Read Guidelines for photograph & signature scan and upload carefully. Application with unclear face or signature may get rejected.
- Passport Size
- Colour Photo: A White or light-coloured Background
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- No “red-eye”
- No reflection of glasses, eyes clearly seen
- No Caps, hats and dark glasses
- Religious headwear: Allowed
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size: 20 KB to 50 KB
- Sign on white paper with Black Ink pen. (By Applicant Only)
- Use same sign all over during CET & Admission process
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size: 10KB to 20KB
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS: NOT accepted
Scanning the photograph & signature:
- Scanner Resolution: Min. 200 dpi
- Colour: True Color
- Crop the image properly
- File Type: Save as JPG or JPEG format for e.g. studentphoto.jpg
- Use MS Paint or Picture Manager or any other toll to crop and resize photo
Information Required for CET Form Filling
Keep following details ready while filling MAH MBA CET 2017 Online Registration Form.
- First Name:
- Middle Name:
- Last Name:
- Phone Number:
- Alternate Phone Number:
- Email Id:
- Date of Birth:
- Father’s Name:
- Mother’s Name:
- Permanent Address:
- Correspondence Address: (leave blank if same as above)
- Educational Qualification
- Graduation Stream: Science/Commerce/Law/Arts/Pharmacy/Engineering/Others
- Status: Appearing/Passed
- If pass out: Aggregate mark obtained/CGPA:
- Total Marks / CGPA:
- Date of passing as per mark sheet:
- % of marks:
- Other Details
- Caste: Open/SC/ST/NT/VJ/OBC/SBC/others mention
- Physically disabled: (yes/ No) ( )
- If Yes, Then Type of disability:
- If Yes, Then % of disability:
- Minority: Yes/No
- Non creamy layer: Yes/No
- Belongs to: Maharashtra state/ OMS/J&K
- Bank Details
- Bank account Number:
- IFSC code:
- Name of the bank:
For ARC Verification (Not Now)
You may need following documents at the time of ARC Verification i.e. Verification of documents at FC Center.
Important: These documents are not required for Online Registration for CET Exam. These documents required after exam result at the time of Document Verification at Facilitation Center.
- Scorecard (Marksheet) or Certificate of SSC (10th)
- Marksheet or Certificate of HSC (12th)
- Graduation Passing Mark-sheet or Certificate (Latest Passing Marksheet if appearing for final year)
- Nationality, Age and Domicile Certificate
- TC/LC/Migration Certificate
- Caste Validity: The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT(C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department.
- Tribe Validity Certificate & Non Creamy Layer Certificate: The Candidate belonging to ST category should submit ”Tribe Validity Certificate’ issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates at the time of verification of documents.
- Gap Certificate (If there is an educational Gap)
- Income Certificate (For EBC Benefit) Know more about Scholarships here
List of Exam Centres
Click here for updated list of Exam Centres for MAH MBA CET 2017
- Candidate must bring valid ID proof in the exam hall. For e.g. Driving License, Aadhar Card etc. Ration card is not valid proof.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take the examination after the reporting time specified on the Hall Ticket.
Syllabus & Marking Scheme
Below given is the list of popular or best books available for preparation of MAH MBA CET 2017. This is list of our favorite books useful for MAH MBA CET 2017.
- Book 1: Maharashtra CET-MBA 2017 with Solved Papers (2006-2016) & 10 Mock Papers by by R.K. Jha
- Book 2: Maharashtra MBA – CET – 10 Practice Sets by G.K.publications
- Book 3: Maharashtra MBA-CET Guide (Popular Master Guide)
List of Facilitation (FC or ARC) Centers. Facilitation centres are available in almost all districts of Maharashtra. For full list of facilitation centers with address & contact details Click here
Cut off List
- Institute wise cut off list for 2015 Click Here
- Cut off of Counselling Round for 2015 Click Here
- Cut off list Round IV 2016 Click Here
- Official Website of DTE Maharashtra: Click Here
- Information Brochure MAH MBA CET 2017: Download Here
- Persons with Disability: Guidelines & Scribe Declaration Form: Download Here