MAH MCA CET 2018 is the Common Entrance Test which makes candidate eligible to take admission to MCA course in Maharashtra. This article covers information about MAH MCA CET 2018 exam date, Online registration & application form, syllabus, eligibility criteria, exam fees, exam centres &best books. Also provides details about exam pattern, paper structure, exam timing, marking scheme, list of facilitation centres, cut off &DTE helpline number.
DTE Maharashtra & Government of Maharashtra’s State Common Entrance Test Cell conducts MCA CET entrance exam every year for admissions to the first and direct second year full time MCA course. Below are the details of Maharashtra MCA CET entrance exam for year 2018-19.
|Online registration & Fee Payment||Feb 2018*|
|Last date to edit form||Feb 2018*|
|Hall Ticket through Candidate Login||March 2018*|
|Online Exam||March 2018*|
|Registration for CAP Round & Document Verification||May 2018|
|CAP Rounds & Merit List||June & July 2018*|
|Reporting to allotted Institute||July & Aug 2018*|
*These dates are tentative and based on activities conducted for MAH MCA CET 2017.
Benefits of exam
Following are the benefits of MCA CET Entrance Exam. Taking the admission to MCA course through MAH MCA CET 2018 in university recognized course has following advantages:
Better Options: To make students eligible to take admission in MCA in any recognized universities or affiliated colleges by DTE all over Maharashtra.
No Donation or Extra Fee: Pay fees as per the norms decided or suggested by Govt., No Extra Fees, No need to pay donation.
Eligible for Scholarship: To be eligible to avail the scholarship, free ship for category students and EBC for general category student
Following is the eligibility criteria for MAH MCA CET 2017. The candidate should be an Indian National.
Passed Degree (Graduation) from recognized university* Students appearing or final year degree can apply.
Minimum 50% aggregate** or equivalent marks for open category & for Other state (OMS) or other candidates
Minimum 45% aggregate** or equivalent marks for backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only
Studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at (10+2) level or at graduate level examination
*University recognized by UGC (University Grants Commission) or Association of Indian Universities
**Aggregate marks means the grand total of marks obtained by the candidate in subjects based on which the class declaration is made in the particular University from which the candidate is passing the qualifying examination.
Below given are the full details about procedure for online registration & application form filling for MAH MCA CET 2018.
Step 1: Register online
- Go to Registration Page: We will update link here
- Click on the link “Apply Online For MAH MCA CET 2018”
Step 2: Fill Details
- Start Filling the form details, upload scanned copy photo & signature, click on the link Validate Details, then save & Next
- Click on Final Submit
Step 3: Payment
- You will be redirected to Payment Page. Pay with Debit, Credit or cash card or Use Net Banking.
- Take Printout
The registration fees for MAH MCA CET 2017 may vary based on the category of the student. Below given is the detail for the fees based on previous as the current fee detail is not proposed by DTE.
₹. 1000/ : General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), J & K Migrant candidates
₹. 800/ : Reserved Category Candidates of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and & Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Payments Mode: Online system only by Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets*
*Service charges, as per rules, shall be applicable in addition to the application form processing fees. No other mode of payment shall be permitted. Extra transaction charges would be Approx Rs. 10 to 20 per transaction depending on payment mode. Fees paid is non-refundable under any circumstances. Do not send application by Post or Courier or any other physical medium.
Below given is the list Test Centers or Exam Centres for MAH MCA CET 2018. You can give three preferences for center of your choice at the time of online form filling. The list given here is arranged alphabetically for your convenience.
Ahmedabad (Gandhinagar, Gujarat)
Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
Kolkata/Greater (Kolkata, West Bengal)
Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)
*Based on list of exam centers 2017
Exam Structure or Pattern & Marking Scheme would be like-
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice (MCQs)|
|Options for each question||4|
|Marks Per Question||4|
|No. of Papers||2|
|Total Questions||50 (25+25)|
|Total Marks||200 (100+100)|
|Test Duration (Total)||90 Min|
*Each wrong answer will carry 1 negative mark. Unanswered questions will carry zero marks.
The Online MAH MCA CET 2017 would be consisted of two online papers.
|General Aptitude (GA)||25||100|
|Computer Concepts (CC)||25||100|
Syllabus for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) CET for Academic Year 2017-18 is as follows –
Paper I: General Aptitude:
The main objective of this paper is to assess the general aptitude of the candidate to pursue a computer applications and software profession. The questions in this paper will cover:
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- High school mathematics
- English comprehension and verbal ability
A good grasp of the following topics of high school mathematics (up to the 12th standard) will be useful:
- Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, factorization, Quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, midpoint, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function.
- Probability and Statistics Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, Binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression.
- Arithmetic: Ratios and proportions, problems on time-work, distance-speed, percentage, etc.
- Basic Set Theory and Functions: Set, relations and mappings.
- Mensuration: areas, triangles and quadrilaterals, area and circumference of circles, volumes and surface areas of simple solids such as cubes, spheres, cylinders and cones.
Paper II: Computer Concepts
- Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, signed. arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams. O Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / 0 devices, interrupts.
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high level language, Multi-programming and time-sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
- Operating System basics: Multiprogramming and timesharing operating systems.
Please see our top picks given below for preparation of MAH MCA CET 2017 Exam and Previous Years Question Papers (Solved).
- A Complete Study Pacakage for MCA Entrances by Amit M. Agarwal
- MCA-CET FAST TRACK Preparation Pack by Chandresh Agrawal
- MCA Entrance Examination Superior Guide, Sakthi Publishing House
Below given are the documents required for MAH MCA CET and further process of admission.
- Photo Soft Copy
- Signature Soft Copy
For Admission/CAP Round process, keep following documents ready:
- 10th (SSC) Marksheet or Certificate
- 12th (SSC) Marksheet or Certificate
- Graduation or recently passed exam Marksheet or Certificate
- Cast Certificate (If applicable)
- Nationality Certificate
A recent, CLEARLY recognizable passport size photograph (4.5cm x 3.5cm) should be uploaded by the candidate in the online application form and the signature uploaded should be clear and legible. Candidates are also advised not to change their appearance till the process is completed. Any doubt about photograph or signature at any stage of the process could lead to disqualification.
Below given are the links to check MAH MCA CEt 2017 Results.
- Check Your Result ( Registration No. & Date of Birth required): Click Here
- All Students Result: Click Here
- Cumulative Result: Click Here
CAP Rounds starting from 01.01.2017
DTE has displayed complete schedule and important dates of CAP Rounds for admissions to MCA for AY 2017-18.
Candidate must confirm (Freeze) or Float their allotted seat at ARC (Admission reporting Center)
Candidates must verify their original documents at Facilitation Center to be eligible for admissions to three years full time MCA course through CAP Rounds
Cut Off List
Click here for Institute wise cut off list of final round of previous year (2016-17)
Helpline Number for MAH MCA CET 2017 from Indiaclass.com and DTE Maharashtra are given as below.
CET Helpline No. 8888889636
DTE Helpline No. 022 30233446, 022 30233420
You can also get help from DTE regional offices located in your region.