Maharashtra government is conducting Maharashtra CET (MH CET) for MBA & MMS Admissions for academic year 2014-15 separately. Maharashtra MBA CET 2014 has replaced CMAT exam which is conducted at national level. This article provides information of Maharashtra CET for MBA and MMS Admissions 2014 including exam dates, exam fees, registration form availability and every single update about Maharashtra MBA/MMS CET 2014-15.
This is an online common entrance test. Exam is for admission to first year of two years full time MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM course for the academic year 2014-15.
HELPLINE for Any Assistance
For any query call 888 888 7250
|First Date||Last Date|
|1||Online Registration for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2014 through computer connected to Internet on the web site www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2014 for Maharashtra State / OMS / J & K Candidates||27-01-2014||14-02-2014|
|upto 5:00 PM|
|2||Late Registration for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2014 on the website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2014||16-02-2014|
|upto 5:00 PM|
|3||Issue of Hall Ticket through candidates login of successfully registered candidates||04-03-2014 onwards|
|4||Date and timing of the Online MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2014||15-03-2014 & 16-03-2014|
|5||Declaration of the result of the MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2014 on the website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2014||21/04/2014 at 5:00 PM|
|6||Document verification, updation and confirmation of Application Form for Admission in person at ARC for Maharashtra State / OMS / J&K Candidates||12/5/2014||31-05-2014|
|upto 5:00 PM|
|7||Display of the provisional merit lists (Maharashtra State, All India and J&K Candidates) on the web site www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2014||02-06-2014 at 5:00 PM|
|8||Submission of grievance, if any, for Maharashtra, All India and J&K Candidates, at ARC||3/6/2014||5/6/2014|
|upto 5:00 PM|
|9||Display of the final merit lists (Maharashtra, All India and J&K Candidates) at www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2014||09-06-2014 at 5:00 PM|
Any Bachelor’s degree Passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPAELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
45% in case of candidates of backward class categories and Persons With Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only.
Candidates appearing for final year of qualifying examination are also eligible to appear for CET.
Note: Degree should be awarded by any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 of minimum three years duration in any discipline recognised by the association of Indian Universities, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Note: 1. The admission process centraized and covered under Centralized Admission Process (CAP) carried out by the Competent Authority of the State of Maharashtra.
2. The admission to the PGDM courses will be carried out by the competent authority. The details about the institutions offering PGDM courses & participating in CAP will be notified before the start of the filling of Option form.
3. Maharashtra State and OMS candidates who have appeared for CAT (conducted by IIMs)/ GMAT (Conducted by GMAC, USA)/ CMAT 2014 (Conducted by AICTE)/MAT (conducted by AIMA in February 2014)/ XAT (conducted by XLRI)/ ATMA (conducted by AIMS)/ MAH MBA / MMS CET 2014 are considered to be eligible for admission against the All India Seats subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Such candidates are also required to fill & confirm online Application form as per the schedule.
4. Refer Online Information Brochure for detailed Eligibility criteria and steps in the entire process of admission including Document Verification, Centralized Admission Process etc., for securing admission against the Maharashtra seats, All India seats, Minority seats, Institute level seats and procedure of admission for NRI/ Foreign National / Foreign Students /PIO/children of indian workers in the Gulf Countries.
The fee (in Indian Rupees) for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2014 is as follows : (Rupees)
1. Maharashtra State Candidates (Person with Disability) Rs. 800/-
2. Maharashtra State Candidates (Reserved Category) Rs. 800/-
3. Maharashtra State Candidates (Open Category) Rs. 1000/-
4. Outside Maharashtra State Candidates Rs. 1000/-
5. Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates Rs. 1000/-
6. Persons of Indian Origin / Children of Indian Workers in the Gulf Countries Rs. 1000/-
7. Foreign National / Foreign Student / Non-Resident Indian Candidates Rs. 1000/-
Additional processing charges
Credit Card : 1.80% of the examination fee plus service tax as applicable.
Debit Card : 1.80% of the examination fee plus service tax as applicable.
Internet Banking : 1.80% of the examination fee plus service tax as applicable.
e-Challan : No Additional Charges.
Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY
8 Simple Steps to Apply Online
Step 1 Fill Registration Details
Step 2 Fill Candidature Type Details
Step 3 Fill Home University & Reservation Details
Step 4 Fill Qualification Details
Step 5 Fill All India Exam Details
Step 6 Selection of MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2014 City and Date Preferences
Step 7 Upload Scanned Images
Step 8 Pay Application Fee
EXAM CENTRES LIST
1. The Candidate has to submit and confirm the Online Application Form for CET through candidate login by himself/herself from the place convenient to him/her. It is not required to report to ARC for confirmation.
2. Candidate can avail the facility available at ARC for confirmation of Application form. For availing the facility of ARC candidates are required to pay Rs. 50/- in cash as facilitation fee to ARC.
3. All ARC’s shall remain open on all days excluding holidays and sundays for submission & confirmation of application form during the schedule. For ARC List refer annexure IV in the online Information brochure.
4. The schedule displayed above is provisional and may change under unavoidable circumstances. The revised schedule, if any, will be notified on website www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in/mba2014. Please refer the website or contact the office of the Joint Director of Technical Education, Regional Offices or ARCs or contact on helpline numbers 022-30233444/45/46 for further information.
Don’t miss updates. Click here to submit your Email ID & get latest information about Entrance Exams.
More details About CET 2014
As per DTE notification 85% seats in the government-run and aided MBA/MMS institutes in the state and 65% seats at private unaided and minority institutes will be filled through the ‘MAH-MBA/MMS-CET’ from 2014.
Another 15% seats will be filled through the all-India quota. In this 15% quota, DTE will consider score of CAT (conducted by IIMs)/ JMET (conducted by IITs)/ MAT (conducted by AIMA in February 2014)/ XAT (conducted by XLRI)/ ATMA (conducted by AIMS) F$ CMAT for admission.
Why separate MAH MBA CET?
Dr. Subhash Mahajan blamed CMAT for less admissions last year and decided to conduct separate Maharashtra CET again.
a. There was 39% vacant seats in Maharashtra in year 2013. Only 20,500 qualified candidates came to Maharashtra through CMAT.
b. It’s difficult for rural students to give CMAT online (CMAT is a national level exam for MBA admissions).
c. Less awareness about CMAT in both Urban and rural area.
Maharashtra Govt. & B Schools blamed CMAT for less admissions and vacant seats in the year 2013. There may be chances of availability of both options – CMAT and MAH CET 2014 which will be more beneficial for students .
Nature of CET
The CET comprises multiple choice objective type questions in the areas of Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning. In all there would be 200 questions to be answered in a total time of two and half hours (i.e. One hundred and fifty minutes).
Contents of the Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension test
This is a test to see how well you know English language. In this test there will be passages with questions based on their contents to test your comprehension. Your English Language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages etc. Your English language ability would be tested through questions on (1) understanding of the contents of the passage and (2) choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills.
Contents of the Quantitative Aptitude test
This test helps to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio and proportion, percentage, etc. This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts.
Contents of the logical / abstract reasoning test
This test measures how quickly and accurately you can think. This test may have questions based on figures and diagrams and also questions on verbal reasoning.
Recommended Books for CET preparation
Maharashtra MBA Entrance CET/CMAT Complete Book
Author Chandresh Agrawal, Priyanka Prakashan