Recently SPPU (Savitribai Phule Pune University) has updated syllabus for MBA course. As per the changing industrial needs Pune university has decided to add some new specializations in MBA course such as Digital Marketing, Tourism, Hospitality management etc. Below is the complete list of MBA Specializations available in Pune University & affiliated colleges.
List of MBA Specialization in Pune University
Following Specializations shall be offered:
1. Marketing Management (MKT)
2. Financial Management (FIN)
3. Information Technology Management (IT)
4. Operations Management (OPE)
5. Human Resources Management (HR)
6. International Business Management (IB)
7. Supply Chain Management (SCM)
8. Rural &Agribusiness Management (RABM)
9. Family Business Management (FBM)
10. Technology Management (TM)
11. Banking and Insurance Management (BIM)
12. Healthcare Management (HM)
13. Entrepreneurship Development (ED)
14. Services Management (SM)
15. Retail Management (RM)
16. Digital Media & Communication Marketing(MC)
17. Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
18. Defence Management (DM)
Subject Core: A Core course may be a Subject Core if there is a choice or an option for the candidate to choose from a broad category (grouping) of subjects (specializations). These are also known as Soft Core
Students shall study 2 Full Credit Courses & 4 Half Credit Courses in Semester III and IV each for specialization courses i.e. a total of 16 specialization courses of which 4 are full credits and 8 are half credits.
- Generic Core courses in Semester I provide foundations of management.
- Generic Core courses in Semester II focus on functional areas.
- Generic Core courses in the Semester III and IV are integrative in nature along with the Subject Core subjects.