Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), formerly known as Pune University, has updated MBA syllabus in 2016. Now Pune University offers total 18 specializations for two year full time MBA course. PUMBA – Pune University’s Management Department as well as university affiliated private institutes can offer all or select MBA specializations depend upon no. of students opted the specialization. Students can apply for dual specialization after completion of two year full time MBA course. Students are free to choose any specialization for dual or additional MBA specialization from the list given below.
List of MBA Specialization in Pune University
Following Specializations shall be offered by PUMBA & Pune University affiliated institutes/colleges.
1. Marketing Management (MKT)
2. Financial Management (FIN)
3. Information Technology Management (IT)
4. Operations Management (OPE)
5. Human Resources Management (HR)
6. International Business Management (IB)
7. Supply Chain Management (SCM)
8. Rural &Agribusiness Management (RABM)
9. Family Business Management (FBM)
10. Technology Management (TM)
11. Banking and Insurance Management (BIM)
12. Healthcare Management (HM)
13. Entrepreneurship Development (ED)
14. Services Management (SM)
15. Retail Management (RM)
16. Digital Media & Communication Marketing(MC)
17. Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
18. Defence Management (DM)
Core Subjects: A Core course may be a Subject Core if there is a choice or an option for the candidate to choose from a broad category (grouping) of subjects (specializations). These are also known as Soft Core
Students shall study 2 Full Credit Courses & 4 Half Credit Courses in Semester III and IV each for specialization courses i.e. a total of 16 specialization courses of which 4 are full credits and 8 are half credits.
- Generic Core courses in Semester I provide foundations of management.
- Generic Core courses in Semester II focus on functional areas.
- Generic Core courses in the Semester III and IV are integrative in nature along with the Subject Core subjects.